Friends and Community Members: Like many of you, we have spent the last few days and weeks hearing and learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19). We have been intently trying to understand how COVID-19 affects our employees, customers and our community as a whole.
We want to assure you that we are following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. Many of you have heard over and over the same statements: Practice Social Distancing, Wash Your Hands Often, Do Not Touch Your Face, and Cover Your Cough. All of these are explained in more detail on their website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus. I would encourage you to be familiar with the specific details for each of these items as well as the information on how the virus spreads.
As always, White’s Pharmacy, Harry Race Pharmacy and Harry’s Custom Services want you to know that your concerns will be treated with respect and ensure that you will receive the best care possible in the safest way possible.
In response to COVID-19, we want you to be aware of the following changes:
· Increased cleaning at our stores for shared areas as well as personal work spaces is taking place frequently.
· We are committed to getting our customers checked out at the registers quicker and more efficiently and avoiding customers waiting in lines by making sure additional sales associates are available.
· We are temporarily suspending service in the soda fountain for a time.
· Stock levels have been increased to make sure we have product that is needed.
· White’s Pharmacy will have modified hours–9:30 to 5:30.
We will continue monitoring the COVID-19 updates and will respond based on advice or mandates from the CDC, state and local governments and public health authorities.
We like you, know that Sitka is resilient and always rises to whatever level is needed to accomplish the challenge before us. Thank you for your patience and your diligence during this uncertain time. We can’t express enough how much we appreciate you choosing us to be your pharmacy, not just now, but over the past 35 years.
Trish & Dirk White