An essential oil is a liquid that is generally distilled, usually by steam or water, from the leaves, stems, flowers, bark, roots, or other parts of plants. Most are clear, but some are amber or yellow. They are inhaled and applied to the skin through massage or baths.
Because the essential oils are so sweet-smelling, many people suppose their value is essentially one of charm and fragrance, but this is a mistake. Modern scientific research has proven that essential oils are potent, with remarkable medicinal properties. These substances are very complex in their chemistry, and very powerful.
Examples of essential oils and their uses include:
- Lavender—addressing stress, headaches, anxiety, insomnia, and depression
- Geranium—calming and balancing for stress, PMS, and menopausal symptoms
- Ylang-ylang—sensual, exotic fragrance, calming irritability, anxiety, and anger
- Clary sage—relaxing and balancing for emotional and hormonal conditions
- Roman chamomile—calming, and helpful with menstrual cramps and stomach aches, pains, insomnia
- Jasmine—uterine tonic, pain relief, postpartum depression
We take care to sell essential oils that are of the highest quality. At Harry Race you can find the Annie Oakley collection containing 100% pure essential oils.